Call our hotline, we are ready to help
+421 2 3225 2328
First of all, in a 1493 Latin called document, which is about the sales and purchasing of grapes: “in promontorio possesionis Zarbereny in loco Almàdi vote sitam” Almàdi’s mentioned in this format. However, Almàdi’s also mentioned in two happening documents, twice before Mohàcs, and on both of these occasions, both are about grape vineyards. In memory of the later writings, Almàdi is constantly mentioned as a grape vineyard, later also as a mountain village. Its landowner was Veszprémi Kàptalan, to whom the grape owners paid a tenth. The owners could freely buy and sell the grapes, but of course with the corporation’s knowledge, since the landowner had to be able to pay the tenth. Almàdi existed in an independent mountain community since 1848 and from 1849 lots its independence, and attached at that time the Austrian administration. According to the published county meeting, on July 15th 1869, which was a decision according to the local government, who represents its law received at but tax wise it became dependent only in 1877. At the end of the 1880’s, the filoxera virus entirely wiped out the grapes. By this happening, there was more property to build cottages on that land; respectively they can use the land for something. This process didn’t end after the new grape settlement. The occasionally more catastrophic moon sized grape vineyard, often the old cellar-press house buildings transformation gave the possibility to have cottages for winter usage as well. The division of the properties plot happened because of the demand and its introduction gave its reason.
St. Ignac roman - chatolic church
One of the main exsample of baroque architecture was built in respect of St. Ignac. Roman – catholic church and the monestry consecrated in 1779, which is the most beautifull architecture memorial int he region. All frescos, altars and the pulpit are outstanding artistic creation. Since 1758 Jesuits form city of Győr called the monestry as Berényi Kastély
Reformed Stronghold church
The witness of old ages is the ancient quarter –Vörösberény. It was built in XI-XII. centuries in Romanian age. The reformed fortress church bearing the stylistical characteristics of the Gothic, which the most considerable protected ancient monument. In the church's walls, the residues of one of the oldest village-churches of our homeland are hiding. The medieval origin is felt in the mass effect of the church hunted with the stone wall , but baroque vaulted, undivided hall space is appear as entering.
Óvári castle telescope
The lookout was being built on Almádi former vineyard, around the turn of the century. His beam frame, roofing covered with a tile was reconstructed on the front of the 90 years based on old photographs, but in a plainer shape. They called it ’Wesselényi Lookout’ once. The centre of the scinery the Fűzfői-öböl, in the forefront onto left Vörösberény, his characteristic churches: his upper circle rampart, determining style Romanian (XI-XII sz.), the lower baroque (1779), beside it the a Jesuit was a monastery.
Tourist Path of Köcsi Pond: This study path of 400 metres marked with yellow T we can find samples of natural endowments of the vicinity of the pond: the fauna living on red sandstone, and the rock formations on an prehistoric sandbank (gravel and sandstone). Walking further on the path towards the lookout Tower of Csere-hegy we can find a newly restored popular excursion spot with places to build fire and a refreshment bar. From the top we can admire the panorama of the eastern basin of Lake Balaton. It is worth having a look at the rock formation of the nearby Nagy-Kô-orra, which reminds of the nose of a legendary giant. The place is easy to reach along the path marked with a yellow stripe.
Green Stripe Round Tour: The distance to walk is 11.5 kilometres and it takes about three hours to cover.the route: the railway station of Balatonalmádi – Széchenyi promenade – Martinovics Street – Kompolthy Monument – Remete valley – Vödör Valley – Kô Hill. At the juction of the green mark we can reach the neighbouring village of Szentkirályszabadja. The other direction leads us to the Mill Valley to meet another path marked with blue. On our round tour we get back to Balatonalmádi.
Mill Valley: This place is located in Vörösberény and it can be reached along the tourist path between Sátor Hill and the steep Vár Hill. The valley itself is also steep where a place to build fire awaits tourists. The name of Mill Valley was borrowed from the nearby mill built on a brook called the Berényi Séd which gushes forth from the Ferenc Spring and it used to be blessed with rich water-output.On the southern sunlit slopes of the Vár Hill there is a rich pasque flower vegetation. Across the valley we can reach Szentkirályszabadja and we can climb the Human Rock on Kô Hill.
Old Park: It was the scientist Dezsô Véghely, who initiated the landscaping of the locality at around 1882. The place of the 10-hectare large park was declared a natural conservation area in 1977. At the northeastern entrance to the park we can find common ash, black maple, white maple, grey-poplar and Italian poplar that encircle a playground there. Along the promenade we can see plane-trees, linden trees and brambleberry trees, but the 15-20 metres high specimens of old white mulberry trees and holly-trees. Across the Bridge of Sighs there is an alley of plane trees leading us to the south-western gate of the park. These trees were planted from, and the most precious ones were planted at 1903 including the candle-shaped sycamore maple, the double rows of orange-reddish willow, the red oak and the giant redwood tree. Among the foliaged and acicular trees we can find a juniper tree, white and black poplar trees, an alder tree, a bald cypress, a black walnut tree, a saddle tree and a thuya tree. The ancient maidenhair tree, the Ginkgo and the American sweetgum tree.